Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 8 January 2018

DV #170 Anything Goes

Well that’s 4 months I wouldn’t want to repeat in a hurry. Around about August last year I had a fit and decided I needed to remodel my bedroom/craftroom as the mess in there was driving me nuts. Here I am 4 months later with a lovely new craft space and my bed moved into the lounge.

I will hopefully make a post later with before and after pics, but for now to the matter in hand. My first post in ages and of 2018 is on behalf of Dream Valley and our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge.

We were all given a few lovely Fabrika images to choose from and I picked Winter Fairy. I did actually remove a bird that she had on her shoulder as I preferred it without, and that, of course, is the beauty of digital images, you can manipulate them to remove bits, flip them, enlarge them etc.

DV 170 Anything Goes

I coloured her in with copics and promarkers. I made an ombre combination of the colours in the fairy to the scrolls and swirls surrounding her. Some of them I added glamour dust to, and some I left alone. I also added some white dots in her hair with a sharpie marker.

I matted her onto some blue glitter card, and then onto the white linen card I had printed her onto, and again onto more blue glitter and more white linen. The lovely detailed pink glitter frame surrounding the image was cut with an Intricut die I got from Hobbycraft, their own make. I had to cut one of the patterns out of each side along the length to make it fit the image without gaps, but one half of that I have hidden under the sentiment, and the other half, I hope your eye is not drawn to. The birthday sentiment was from Crafters Companion’s birthday exclusive bundle and is a transfer, which I foiled onto with foil that matched the glitter card.

It feels really good to be back crafting, instead of living in a war zone of boxes, more of that later, and I am looking forward to 2018 being a much more creatively productive year than 2017 was.

In the time I have been away from blogging I have lost over 2 and 1/2 stone with a combination of my own start and Weight Watchers and my hip has gotten progressively worse. I sincerely hope when I see the Physio this week that she will tell me I am well on course with my weight loss for hip replacement surgery. Cancel that, due to the crisis in the NHS that’s exactly what they did,, cancelled my appointment.

I should like to enter this into:-

Brown Sugar - #274 Birthday
Color Inspiration Monthly Link Up - #30 Anything You have Coloured Yourself
Crafty Friends - #74 For a Girl or Lady
Creative Knockouts - #227 Celebrations
Die Cut Divas - Jan: Do or Use Something New (the image and the dies are new)
Double D Challenge - Anything Birthday/Anniversary Goes
Everybody Art - #416 Latest Purchase
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - #1 Die Cuts
Stamping Sensations - Jan: Cold And Frosty Colours
Stamps & Fun - #315 Use Stamps (Hope a digistamp is okay)
The Paper Girls - #143 Glitter

Happy New Year everyone x

TW BLOG Signature

15 comments:

  1. Lin, this card is exquisite! Such gorgeous colours, and the glitter looks fabulous!

    I'm so glad your craft room is finally finished, all the hassle and fuss was worth it, for sure!

    I hope your hip feels better asap - and GRRRR! for the cancelled appointment! You know my opinion of the persons in charge (and we're still stuck with Mr Rhyming-Slang.) Enjoy crafting in your swish new room!

    much love, Maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous-your coloring skills are fab! Love all that glittery goodness-Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really stunning image and you have captured those 'Cold and Frosty Colours' of our Stamping Sensations theme perfectly, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful with all the sparkle, die cuts, and lovely coloring! It seems not long ago that I spent months redoing my craft room, as well, so I can understand. Also, I'm sorry your surgery was cancelled. I hope you can bear with it till it's fixed. Thank you so much for joining us at Double D with this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous! Stunning image, and with all the sparkle it's perfect for our frosty challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Erin! Gorgeous coloring and design! Hang in there ... better days ahead! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ATG Birthday/Anniversary’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the sparkly's going everywhere! TFS it with BSChallenge~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color combo and your coloring skills. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, i love your coloring. So gorgeous sparkled Card! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! I am loving the colors you chose and all the beautiful sparkle! Thanks for joining us Paper Girls and our glitter challenge to kick off the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is beautiful and you have coloured it lovely. It fits perfectly with our ‘For a Girl/Lady’ theme… good luck in the draw and please join us again.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails