Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 25 January 2016

CCM #156 Punches and/or Dies

Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers today is punches and/or dies. I have gone for just dies on my project.

156 Punches and-or Dies

I used the new Marianne edge dies to create a curved panel, and keeping the die in place one side, and using the edge of the other die in the set I masked off the white loopy edge and coloured the panel with Distress Inks. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple.

156 Punches and-or Dies angle

I matted this layer onto an embossed layer, and then I die cut lots of Crafters Companion flowers, and having embossed them I inked through the dies with the same colours I used in the panel. I did add Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover to colour the leaves. I also added some sparkle with the Crafters Companion clear sparkle pen to the larger flowers and all around the edge of the lowest layer, which I previously created by just gently inking with a couple of the colours used in the main panel just to the very edge of the card.

156 Punches and-or Dies sparkle

The pic above shows the sparkle I hope!

I am entering this into the following:-

CCC Digi Creations – #41 Use Die Cuts
Craft Your Passion – #296 Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart – #96 Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore – Jan: Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar – Jan: Something New
Creative Loops – New (dies)
Die Cut Divas – New Technique, Die, Stamp, Colours (All my dies are new)
Ecclectic Ellapu – Dec: Purple Team Cards to Die For
MHK Designs – Jan/Feb: Inspiration Board (I chose the flowers as my inspiration)
Open Minded Crafting – Something New (All the dies)
Scrappy Hands – Plant
Where The Heart Is – #5 Anything Goes

TW BLOG Signature

33 comments:

  1. WOW! this is scrummy...yes almost good enough to eat...all zingy and fresh and a fabulous design. Love the colours, your embossed background, the die cut and the flowers....so I guess I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. I love the unusual layout of the curved panel and the beautiful blending of the distress inks. Do you use a sponge or brush? Thanks for adding this to the Creative Loops challenge at www.achelois.co Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a brush, Clarity Stencil brush to be precise. They feel like silk and the ink goes on beautifully with them, as does paint etc.
      Lin x

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I often struggle to get a good blend.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful Lin! I like the soft colors, and delicate die cutting, your flowers are colored to fit your design so well, very soft and relaxing. Glad you joined us at MHK Designs. Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lin this is just stunning. I NEED those border dies :O)
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lin this is a masterpiece of sheer beauty. I love the background and I too NEED that border die (will check it out) and those scrumptious flower - all beautifully presented and in such amazing soft colours. Love the shine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful card Lin. Love the design and the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and embossing! Thanks for joining us at MHK Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the delicate shades you have used here to make a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card Lin, lovely dies, I too need that edge die...
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty! The color shades are so subtle yet vibrant against the white background. Excellent! TFS!
    Elizabeth - OMCF DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. Gorgeous dies! Thanks for joining our Die Cuts challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
    Kitty DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lin, this is STUNNING! Your sponging, embossing, and layout are absolutely fabulous! Those blooms are gorgeous and have me longing for spring! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at MHKDesigns! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow stunning ! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card Lin. I love your choice of colours and your flowers are beautiful. The curved edge die is really effective and the Clear Sparkle pen finishes the card wonderfully. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lin, I am loving this card it is just perfection. Have a great week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Lin! This card is just beautiful. Love the dies used and the coloring of the flowers and leaves. So pretty.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    Great card and wonderful colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC Digi Creations Challenge.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely!! Love how you inked the embossed flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful! Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC digi creations blog!

    Natasja
    DT CCC digi creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. waow, love your card.
    Thank you for joining us at CCC digi.
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, Lin. I love how you've done the panel - and I'm very impressed with the clean, clear colours you've achieved - I find that very hard with Distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Lin this is gorgeous! I love the colours.

    Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card. Love your colors and design.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow stunning.
    Thank you for entering the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are you kidding me with this absolutely fantastic card. I am loving the layers, the flowers, the color.. oh my do I love those colors.. your white embossed background sets all the soft colors off. Fan-tas-tickets and I want to thank you for joining us at MHKDESIGNS. Seriously, thank you.
    Cyber hugs
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is wonderful!! I absolutely love the colors you have used. The dies are wonderful. This is just gorgeous!!! Wow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our WHERE THE HEART IS challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  28. ...and thanks so much for participating in our OPEN-MINDED CRAFTING challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is gorgeous :) love the embossed bg & the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so pretty! I just love your flowers - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this month at the MHKDesigns Challenge! :) Jess - DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh what a stunner, Lin. Love the gorgeous colours and floral arrangement. We are thrilled to see your project in our first challenge at MHKDesigns. Thank you so much for playing along and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails