Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 2 February 2011

CCM Spotlight Water

Arrrghhhh I set this to automatically post on Monday, or so I thought! I just went to check my blog and no sign of it. Clearly I did something wrong but blessed if I know what. Anyhow here is my post for the most recent Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight which is on Water.

This fortnight we want to see your creations using "Water or Something you add water to or water has been added" so for example spritzers, glimmer mists, H2o's, watercolours that kinda thing.  You can use any images or stamps etc you like but you must use a water product or technique, if in doubt - shout!
 
38a Water WM
I opted for watercolouring my image with Lyra Acquacolours. Although it’s not part of the challenge and on it’s own does not meet the requirement, I also made my card on a water theme too. I got a brand new Craft Robo the day that Poppy arrived, and well you know what puppies are like, I didn’t have a minute to call my own, but finally at the weekend I managed to actually take it out of it’s box and give it it’s maiden voyage.

Having downloaded a few fabulous free templates from UKScrappers, I used one of them by a user named Valerie Palmer (thank you Valerie) which was a sea based frame.  I can see I am going to enjoy my new toy, when I can find the time to get it back out of it’s box.
38a Water Image
To be honest I had intended a completely different card, which was going to be all arty using glimmers mists etc, but I just ran out of time so have taken the easier option with this card.

The BP is Basic Grey and a slither of silvery fabric in the aperture of the frame, with a couple of kiddies beads as small embellishments. The card between the two layers of blue, sadly still doesn’t show up, but it’s a lovely soft marble effect blue and white glitter card.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I am finding it increasingly more and more difficult NOT to add flowers, ribbons, buttons or similar to my cards. It is such a huge trend that I feel my cards are naked if I don’t add lashing of embellishments to them, and to be honest I feel a bit of a prisoner to the trend. I feel as if everything I make needs to be a mini work of art. For example, here I couldn’t just leave it as the frame and the image, I felt compelled to find something to add to is, such as the beads. Mind you having said that I have just purchased an obscene amount of that seam binding that is all the rage, and no doubt that will be appearing on my very next card. so just pass me the handcuffs, lol

Because my scheduled post didn’t, post that is, I have taken the opportunity to take another picture of the card as the one over on the CCM blog is way too bright as it was taken at night with a flash.
We are sponsored for this Spotlight by
imagewho are offering a £10 voucher for their store.

Please note as from March the Spotlight challenges of Crafty Cardmakers will be moved to a new blog to avoid confusion with the challenges, each will still run for two weeks at a time and on alternate Mondays, but they will have their own homes. The main challenges will remain on the existing CCM blog, only the Spotlights will be moving, we will keep you informed of addresses etc. later.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

5 comments:

  1. Fab card Lin - I especially like the silvery water effect in the aperture and the frame is brill!
    My Robo is lonely too .......
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have sworn I had already posted a comment but maybe not! I love it Lin and well done you for getting to grips with your craft robo so quickly. I know what you mean about the urge to add embellies I just seem to be incapable of not adding flowers and bling to EVERYTHING! I too have succumbed to the seam binding it is rather lovely though
    I havent forgotten about the card I promised you and will get it posted to you at the weekend
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Lin. And WOW you certainly got the hang of the Craft Robo in super-quick time! Love the papers you've used. You asked how I manage not to add embellishments! Easy - I had a whole load of birthdays I needed to make cards for and no time to make them, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a stunner! Your seaside frame is fabulous and I love the addition of the little beads!
    (I'm the opposite to you.... I'm always taking stuff off my card, I'd love to be able to add loads of flowers and buttons and what not, but mine always look odd!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and super colouring. I love how you have used the craft robo to make the perfect back ground.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails