Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 22 May 2010

A month since I posted





Wow another month has just slipped past. Where on earth does the time go. In my defence I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes and I am having a few issues of suddenly feeling quite peculiar. Hopefully that should settle once I get my dietary requirements sorted out and they decide if I can continue without (I pray) insulin. On the plus side, or should that be minus; I have lost a stone in weight. Up until a week or so ago I couldn't really see where it had gone from but suddenly I can see a definite difference in my shape and I am sitting here in a skirt that nearly cut me in two 6 weeks ago. Anyhow enough of my moaning. I haven't been idle and have still completed a few projects so here is the first.

My Sister recently celebrated her Silver Wedding Anniversary. This was hilarious as last year she tried to celebrate it then because she had muddled up the dates. WOW I just realised I missed my first anniversary of my blog. Can't believe I have been doing this for a whole year now.

So back to my Sister and her 'official' 25th Anniversary.

I made a couple of cards for her one from me and one from my Daughter.

The blue one is the one I had in my mind for last year. In fact it was almost done and it was searching for the photo to go in the middle that made me realise she was jumping the gun datewise.

It's mainly DCWV cardstock overstamped and embossed with various swirl/flourish stamps, the two hearts are an Elusive Images stamp embossed and cut out.

The purple one has some lush Kanban cardstock as it's base with a Mo Manning stamp for the image, coloured with my promarkers.The hearts were punched from silver mirri with my lovely new SU punch, thanks Fab, and embossed through the BS with a bug folder then I coloured them with promarkers to tone in with the card.

This is my first card I have put on my blog with promarkers, I have done a few now and am getting to love them more and more, although a part of me still thinks that I personally can do a better job with distress inks or prismas. But for the moment I am enjoying getting to know them.

Will be back later with a few more cards.

Lin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lin

    Welcome back and congratulations on your Blogaversary. Gorgeous creations hun, love the colours in the second one!!!
    Hope you are OK, sorry to hear about the diabetes and I will keep my fingers crossed for you re the insulin. Take care.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails