Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 22 May 2010

Brother In Law's Birthday Cards



These are a couple of cards I made for my Brother-in-Law's birthday. I find making for men so difficult as you cannot really add all manner of pretties to them to finish them off.

One was quite simple, no stamping, but it had some complicated (at least for my poor brain) folding which I did on my brand new Hougie Board, loving that board it's so precise and I love the even spaces, plus I can get my favourite 12x12 papers on there.

The focal image is a gorgeous dufex topper which I was drawn to when a friend sent me the same image on a card for me and does perfectly for male or female. My Daughter immediately told me half a dozen people who would want the same, but I couldn't get any extra supplies!
The stamped card I used my new Joanna Sheen Country Scenes stamps, which I coloured with promarkers, and went over the water with diamond glaze to give it life. The swirls were cut from a marianne die. This is the only marianne die I have been able to successfully use so will sadly be steering clear of them in the future.

Lin

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards hun. Love th ecomplicated one wit the dragon (well I would!!!). Would you recommend the Hougie Board??? I have terrible trouble with measuring etc!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your cards but especially the dragon card Lin! Great image!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails